January 13, 2016 By: Lisa Vettese
So you are engaged! Congratulations, but now what…
You are probably feeling overwhelmed and don’t know where to start your planning process. Well, grab your A-Team, put on a pair of comfortable shoes and head to The Wedding Fair this Sunday from 930-5 at The BMO Centre Stampede Park!
The Wedding Fair is Calgary’s most sought after show by brides and exhibitors where you will meet all of the wedding experts at one time in one place. Florists, event designers, bakeries, DJ’s, venues and photographers are just a few of the wedding professionals who will be there to answer your questions. This enables the bride and groom to sample, meet and either confirm a vendor’s availability, or book a follow up appointment to interview prospective vendors after the show. The award winning fashion shows are at noon and 3pm.
So, grab your team who are involved in your wedding process, arrive early and follow these five helpful tips to ensure you get the most out of your day at The Wedding Fair!
- Create a temporary email address to be used while you are planning your wedding. This way you can delete it when you no longer are interested in receiving special offers or hearing from vendors in the wedding industry.
- Avery is your friend! Pre-printed self-adhesive address labels with your wedding date on it makes it a breeze to enter the numerous prize giveaways and draws and are also handy to give to exhibitors who you would like to contact you after the show.
- Take lots of pictures with your camera, ask questions and collect any information you are interested in. When you get home and have some quiet time, review the literature and book follow up appointments to ask more questions. Make little notes on the literature you collect when you find a vendor intriguing.
- Bring your chequebook or credit card to hold a date with a deposit or to book a service. Be sure to check on refund policies before giving any money and read the contract carefully before signing.
- Allow yourself three hours to visit.
These are just five helpful tips to make your day at The Wedding Fair a fun experience for you and your entourage. It is a busy and very informative day but when you come prepared and wear comfortable shoes, you will get the most out of your bridal show experience!