As wedding season gains momentum, many of us are finding our calendars filling up with weddings and bridal showers. If you’re a Maid of Honor, the planning duties will usually fall to you, and if you’re a first-timer you might be feeling like you’re in over your head. Well don’t fret! Planning a bridal shower can be tons of fun – especially when you have an exciting theme. We’re sharing 5 of our favorite outside-the-box ideas below!
1. It’s not a bridal shower without lingerie, and since boudoir photo shoots have become so popular, the ladies of Je T’aime Beauty thought, why not combine the two? Tulle skirts and pretty bralettes (like these from Forever21) create a classy, yet sexy look. Book a session with a boudoir photographer and relax with the ladies while you all sip champagne and have your hair and makeup done. The best part? You’ll have beautiful photos to take home, and the bride will have a gift for her groom on their wedding day! (image: Style Me Pretty)
2. What girl doesn’t love a glittery tea party? Mix-matched vintage teacups, the bride’s favorite loose-leaf teas and lots of pretty desserts make for a perfect (and cost-effective!) afternoon celebration. (image: Created Lovely)
3. Everyone loves a good DIY, so why not incorporate one into your bridal shower? Attend a floral arranging class, learn calligraphy, or take a group cooking class with your girls. (image: Bridal Musings)
4. For the outdoorsy, or au-naturel bride, Wedding Planner and Blogger Nicole Sihlis of Created Lovely Events suggests an “I Pic You” themed shower. Set up an afternoon picnic, complete with pastel checkered blankets, wicker picnic baskets and catered lunches in little boxes, with bottles of sparkling lemonade. (image: Green Wedding Shoes)
5. A makeup themed girl’s night is perfect for the truly feminine bride. You can all have a mini makeup trial for the big day, as you test out some of your favorite products. Bring in the pros to give you makeovers, or if you’re on a budget, DIY and share all of your favorite beauty tips and tricks with each other. (image: Style Me Pretty)